- nginx may write temporary files to local disk, especially for large files (>64K). You should make sure that
proxy_temp_path is writable. You can also control the size when this happens by adjusting
proxy_temp_file_write_size. The more interesting thing is that if the directory is not writable, you won’t see an error message in the logs, but
strace is still your friend.
“Should I include
Gemfile.lock in a repository for a gem?”
- Yes, but don’t include it in the gemspec, that way it won’t be distributed with the gem.
- Bundler doesn’t look at lock files in dependent gems anyway.
- It makes less sense for a gem since you wouldn’t want to lock down the environment for all of your gem’s users.
“What library should I use for GUIDs?”
- universally unique identifiers may have trouble in other universes, please use caution when crossing these boundaries ;-)