Standup 3.16.2011: Autosave Inheritance, Margins, and Logging (the LumberJack way)
Ask for Help
“How do I show the 80 character line guide in RubyMine?”
Search your RM preferences, it’s in there.
Autosave doesn’t work when you have a has_many :through relationship in your model. The POST gets rewritten as a PUT and doesn’t work as expected. See an example here.
Got multiple log files? Want to join those log entries across a specific request? LumberJack is for you! It adds metadata to each log – things like:
- severity – The severity recorded for the message.
- time – The time at which the message was recorded.
- program name – The name of the program logging the message. This can be either set for all messages or customized with each message.
- process id – The process id (pid) of the process that logged the message.
- unit of work id – The unique 12 byte hexadecimal number generated for a unit of work.