- Using asset pipeline outside rails
Correlating debugging errors to source files.
Currently using Sprockets template name in-lined. Any better solutions?
- Look at head repo of asset pipline
- Middleman gem
- Alternatives to css :contains() selector
We use this selector in many tests, for example the ones that require to click on the link of a specific table row:
within "tr:contains('My Line')" do click_link "Edit" end
This selector however is deprecated, and didn't make it to css3.
Thus, is it safe to use it in tests?
- Iterate over all the links
- Put an id on the link
- Probably not going away (and contains back in if it breaks)
- Data attribute
- Xpath - last resort
- ActiveRecord::UnknownPrimaryKey error when restoring backup on Heroku
- Check foreign key constraints
Taps Server Error: PGError: ERROR: time zone displacement out of range:
Taps Server Error: PGError: ERROR: time zone displacement out of range: "1970-01-01 12:00:00.000000+5857411200"
- Use pgbackup
- Capybara/Selenium wait_for_ajax is your friend
A good generic wait until the last AJAX call has returned before moving on to your next assertion. Solved a lot of unstable-in-ci Capybara specs for us